Julie,
You did not say whether your ensemble was for an evening dance event
or not.  My particular interest is clothing & accessories suitable for
dance.  In this specific case, I have over 100 period images of ball
gowns depicted with white gloves to the elbow or higher.  There is
exactly 1 image that I can find which is non-white.  Many other images
show the lady in her gown without gloves at all.  Some images are tiny
and the detail might have been omitted for clarity. Some images are
for instruction purposes where showing gloves might obscure the pose
of the hand. Still other images are fashion plates where the lady is
often in the last stages of dressing so might not yet have put on her
gloves.
If you're not dancing, then I have no useful info for you, except that
the era was crazy for gloves.  You could hunt up the Beau Brummel
piece on correct gloves for gentlemen, but he was a bit, um,
excessive, shall we say?
--cin
Cynthia Barnes
cinbar...@gmail.com