From: h-costume-boun...@indra.com [mailto:h-costume-boun...@indra.com] On
Behalf Of Brenda Bell
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2015 9:11 AM
To: h-cost...@indra.com
Subject: [h-cost] New York garment district

At    Mon, 01 Dec 2014 22:27:11 -0800, humbugfo...@att.net wrote:

>Also, I've checked the Met and FITM for costume exhibits and there
>doesn't seem to be anything particularly exciting on their schedules.
>Can anyone suggest any other museums or exhibitions that would have
>(historical) costumes on display?

I'd check the People Center at the American Museum of Natural History for
costumes of indigenous peoples. I might also check the Museum of the City of
New York, the New York Historical Society, the Museum of  Folk Art, and the
American Crafts Museum to see if there will be any interesting exhibits. You
might also check to see if you can do some specific study at the Met's
Costume Institute, if there's something particular you wish to research.

Brenda F. Bell
webwar...@earthlink.net

Support me in riding the 2015 Tour de Cure to Stop Diabetes!
http://main.diabetes.org/goto/tmana