Has anyone used Rocking Horse Farm's Sleeveless Surcoat pattern? I've got some lovely gold & silver brocade that should be just barely enough. But the instructions are EXTREMELY sketchy & the seam marks don't seem to match. Nor do some of the little dots for the pleats. I've cut a muslin, but I'm having no luck with the under-arm area. There must be a pleat, but there is the oddest little jaggedy bit I can't figure what to do with no matter how I fold things. I'm about ready to throw up my hands & redraft the bl**dy thing. But I don't know this period well enough to guess what should be going on in the side panel.

I'd be very grateful for any input.

Yours,

Mary Piero Carey
aka Lady Maria of Alderford