I don't think GBACG restricts their FB membership to local residents, but they do focus primarily on local events. If you want a regional FB group that includes some discussion of more general costuming issues, there is a huge number of them for different areas. Just look up your city, state, region, and you'll probably find such a group.

Fran
Lavolta Press
www.lavoltapress.com