Good to know. I've seen Amish made furniture at the local Hoot Judkins. It's
lovely, but as you say, very pricey.  Good luck with the hunt.
Sharon

-----Original Message-----
From: h-costume-boun...@indra.com [mailto:h-costume-boun...@indra.com] On
Behalf Of Lavolta Press
Sent: Friday, February 26, 2016 10:29 PM
To: Historical Costume
Subject: Re: [h-cost] Curtains for old houses

We're not looking for used furniture (unless you know someone with some
great antiques).  We'll just get the patio furniture we want to begin with,
and buy it in Sacramento or by mail order and have it delivered.
It's true Sacramento summers are so hot people seem to spend a lot of time
outdoors, but we won't move for weeks. We're still waiting for the Amish
indoor furniture we had made to be delivered. We ordered from two
distributors and they both take 12-14 weeks from the order date to deliver.
BTW, Amish-built furniture is the way to go if you want new Arts & Crafts
furniture. We bought a lot of great Arts & Crafts and Art Nouveau antique
furniture in the 1980s. But we needed more for a larger house, and
discovered that Arts & Crafts is out of style these days.
Hardly any local antique stores have it.

These are the distributors we bought from:

http://www.barnfurnituremart.com/

http://amishdirectfurniture.com/

We haven't seen any of our furniture yet, but Barn Furniture Mart is in LA.
My husband flew down there to look at the display furniture in the store and
was very impressed with their quality. All the Amish outdoor furniture,
though, is rough, rustic picnic tables and that sort of thing.

Fran
Lavolta Press
www.lavoltapress.com