Yes I'm using 2-phase-commit because I use xa-datasource (this is an xml
element in jboss' standalone-full-ha.xml), but I never really found out how
to configure the thing (jboss as 7.2.0.Final with h2) to perform recovery.
I've pasted the config xml below.

Note: having recovery is also not 'a must' for me actually, so would there
be a way to proceed from this situation, somehow skipping recovery?

Note: i'm using xa because i need to send/rollback JMS messages
transactionally along with the db transaction.

        <subsystem xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:datasources:1.1">
            <datasources>
                <xa-datasource jndi-name="java:jboss/datasources/H2-bms-DS"
pool-name="H2-bms-DS" enabled="true" use-java-context="true">
                    <xa-datasource-property name="URL">

jdbc:h2:${jboss.server.data.dir:/tmp}/bms;DB_CLOSE_DELAY=-1;LOCK_TIMEOUT=${com.x.lock.timeout.ms:5000}
                    </xa-datasource-property>
                    <driver>h2</driver>
                    <security>
                        <user-name>bms</user-name>
                    </security>
                    <recovery>
                        <recover-credential>
                            <user-name>bms</user-name>
                        </recover-credential>
                    </recovery>
                </xa-datasource>
                <drivers>
                    <driver name="h2" module="com.h2database.h2">

<xa-datasource-class>org.h2.jdbcx.JdbcDataSource</xa-datasource-class>
                    </driver>
                </drivers>
            </datasources>
        </subsystem>