On 2014-05-27 17:24, Adam McMahon wrote:

I would like to use the Clob data type for my variable length strings that
average around 300 characters.   I see in the
doc that I should use " |PreparedStatement.setCharacterStream| to store
values".   Instead I am simply using
PreparedStatment.setString().   This seems to work.  Is there any advantage to
using setCharacterStream?  This may be
more of a JDBC question than an H2 question, but I thought I would start in
this group with the question.

At that size it makes no difference.

setCharacterStream() is there for the case where the CLOB is large enough that you don't want to keep the whole thing in memory at once.