Hi,

We are building our web-app to be compatible with both embedded H2 and
embedded Derby, with the idea that we can switch out one for the other at
any time.  Though we plan on using H2 in our final app (if everything works
as expected).

We use the H2 console (as a servlet) to manage the embedded H2 database
remotely.  In the H2 servlet console it appears that we should be able to
use the console for derby as well.  In the console, I select the generic
derby embedded driver (org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver), which is the
same one used in our app, and the I use the same jdbc url that we use in
our app: "jdbc:derby:c:/derby/bin/mydb".  I leave user and password blank
because we do not have user/password for derby setup yet.  But, it gives
the error "no suitable driver found".

Clearly the derby driver is part of our web-app, because our web-app works
with derby... just not the h2 servlet console.

Should the h2 console work with derby?  Am I doing something wrong? It
would be great if it works with Derby also, but if it does not that big of
deal if it does not.  I have built a simple console that is compatible with
both H2 and Derby, but it is not as rich as the H2 console.

Thanks,
-Adam