Hi Thomas,

This is very good news. Some questions:

* Have you decided on a workflow for Git? That is, will we still submit
patches via this Google Group? Or will we change to feature branches
accompanied with requests to merge the branch into a 'master' branch or
'develop' branch? Or will we make pull requests of personal forks?

* I noticed that the list of committers have been migrated to. Does that
mean that the committers can push to GitHub?

* As Git makes it much easier to keep two versions active, I'd be very
happy if we could have an active 1.3.x branch, into which some fixes and
improvements can be merged, until 1.4 is no longer in beta. For example, a
couple of months ago I found the performance problem with converting column
names into upper case, using Locale.ENGLISH, and you patched 1.4 with a
fix. I don't think 1.4 is ready for our application, but I'd love to
benefit from that performance improvement in 1.3. Would you consider having
an active 1.3 branch?

Regards,

Steve