Hi Dmitry,

in regard to 2., I think that during the downtime of the primary server ,
the statements of the DB client were just going to only the secondary
server, and when the prim. was restarted, nobody was taking care of
synchronizing the prim. DB with the secondary DB to apply the changs that
have happened there during the downtime.

As a bottomline ( and please correct me if I am wrong ), whenever a Cluster
member DB is started, the application has to care about that and query the
other cluster members for availability, and sync ( either differential
according to own app algorithm or completely dump/restore, "CreateCluster"
) the DB on the started node entering the cluster.

H2 does just not provide the functionality for this, so I just see the
options to
- stick with H2 and enhance the application to implement cluster node
monitoring and synchronization of the DBs which can be a big task
- make use of a layer on top of H2 dealing with this, and I found
   - H2HA project which I think might work but lacks of support as this
project does not seem to be an active project
   - HA-JDBC:   also this project does not seem to be an active project
- look for an alternative DB Server, or even NO-SQL solution

Thanks, Buffi