The H2 website has guidelines for contributing patches to H2:
http://h2database.com/html/build.html#providing_patches

The guidelines include this:

Submit patches as .patch files (compressed if big). To create a patch using
> Eclipse, use Team / Create Patch.

However, ever since H2 moved from Subversion/Google Code to Git/Github,
what's actually been mostly happening is that people are submitting GitHub
pull requests. A conversation takes place on the pull request, and, if all
doubts are resolved, then someone with appropriate authority merges the
pull request.

I'd like to update H2 "guidelines for contributing" to reflect this
reality. This will also be helpful for people not familiar with the concept
of pull requests on GitHub.

Thomas, Noel, anyone else: Does this sound reasonable? If so, I'll go ahead
and update the docs.