Regarding "3) Failing Sniffer/Failing Maven Wrapper"

The wrapper seems to come from https://github.com/takari/maven-wrapper (I'm
guessing, as it is undocumented) and requires Java 7, because of
dependencies using class version 51.0.
So it looks like there should be some note that, when building with Maven,
one *must* use Java 7.