I tried using it both as part of the database name as well as postgres://
URLs, but that doesn't work.

What works is to connect via JDBC first, using the options you want. If you
then start PgServer in the same process it will pick up the options.

We had another issue with the '/org/h2/server/pg/pg_catalog.sql' script not
being idempotent but being called more than once. It needs an additional
drop..if exists like this (line 110):

    drop domain if exists regproc;  -- new line
    create domain regproc as varchar_ignorecase;  -- old line that breaks
if called more than once

We'll create a pull request to get that fixed. But it's working for us with
a patched version now.

I'm still amazed what H2 can do: we are now talk from PHP via Postgres
driver to a Java database engine that pretends it's MS SQL :-) If this were
production it would be utter madness, but for our testing needs it's
perfect.

   Peter