Yes, I will submit a patch soon. Tests run through fine right now, however
dragging the database Session through everywhere in order for
ValueFixedString.get() to actually do the Mode-specific conversion is a
pain. And now there needs to be a distinction between "do I want to convert
the value for inserting or for querying". In the former case, the value can
actually be trimmed (in order to save storage space, to be in accordance to
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/h2-database/oB3Wrv0obEQ ) whereas
in the latter it needs to be padded again when returning for a query.