Hi,

We are using h2 in our tests as a drop-in-replacement of db2(z/OS).

Unfortunately db2 is using a EBCDIC collation. Which means the numbers and
characters are ordered differently. In H2  'A' > '1' is true, in db2 the
sorting is the other way round.

Currently we have implemented out own CompareMode, which compares strings
by converting them to bytearrays using the IBM1047 charset.

The CompareMode is set directly on the database-object, when the database
is started. This solution works, but is not the nicest way of doing it.

So my question is whether you are interested in a patch that:
* extends "SET COLLATION <LOCALE>" with something like "SET COLLATION
CHARSET <charset>"