My database consists of 12 tables, and I'm executing 2 queries. The first
one joins 10 of the tables, and the second one joins 2 of the remaining
tables. Most of the tables are very small (2-4 columns, approx. 50
records). One table is about 200 records and the largest table (involved in
the first query) is about 10,000 records. The .mv.db file size is approx.
300KB.

When I run the 2 queries in the normal (embedded/on-disk) way, it takes an
average of about 25ms (Macbook ~2015 8GB i5 2.4GX2). When I run it
in-memory, it takes about the same. Actually, initially I was running it
without a primary hash key and the results were worse. Now, with the
primary hash keys, they have the same performance. I made sure I
added DB_CLOSE_DELAY=-1 to my connection string for the in-memory version.
Besides the DB_CLOSE_DELAY and the primary hash keys, am I missing any
performance optimization techniques?

TIA,
Tiberiu