How many times were you hit by a database corruption and couldn't recover
any data at all?
How many releases of H2 were tagged as stable and not as alpha/beta?

Not matter how much I personally love using H2 for personal or professional
projects, these 2 questions above always pop up in the mind of my team
members. To them robustness is an issue with H2.

And it's the same with us, fervent users: we always look forward to the
next release of H2, it's hard for us to tell which specific release was
good enough in terms of speed and stability.

On Wednesday, March 7, 2018 at 4:46:43 AM UTC+1, Adam McMahon wrote:
> Redhat has a warning about H2 in several places in their docs.
> The H2 database should *not* be used in a production environment. This is
> a very small, self-contained datasource that supports all of the standards
> needed for testing and building applications, but is not robust or scalable
> enough for production use.
> I find this warning to be a little odd.  Perhaps RedHat is just trying to
> cover themselves legally.  Any ideas what aspects of H2 they might be
> referring to?  They mention 2 categories :
> *robust*: not sure what they mean in this context
> *scalable* : I would agree with them here, if by scalable they mean
> having a bulit-in ability to horizontally scale across several machines.
> -Adam

Database" group.
To post to this group, send email to
Visit this group at