On Tue, 2022-06-14 at 08:11 +0200, Noel Grandin wrote:
> In general, compacting should work while the db is running, but it's
> fairly conservative

Noel,

not arguing, you know that we do love H2 and are grateful.
Although I never saw any online defragmention doing anything.

We have 300 MB defragmented content blown up to 20 GByte. The databases
are idle during the night and most time the day.
Heavy Delete/Write/Querying happens only in the early morning -- but it
never shrinks, only grows, until "SHUTDOWN DEFRAG".

Best regards
Andreas