From: jeff [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2003 2:58 AM
To: Zack Rosen
Subject: Re: [hackers] Ok, the network naming poll is up

> I don't really like fordean.org / net because many sites wont be
> running on those sub domains.

So there aren't going to be many sites running under the
deanspace.org/net either? I'm not getting what we're offering people.

DNS is also really the only way we will be able to "emergency service"
the "official" sites. You can point springfield.fordean.org to somewhere
else, but you wouldn't be able to do that with dean.stlouist.com.

Not just policing, but the smooth addition of hundreds of subdomains.
Someone has to do it, it's for a campaign, and is integral to our
experiment! :)

Opportunity Cost, Hobbes, whatever. I think that the namespace is very
important and needs to be everywhere. Why is deanspace any better in
that regard?

JW
--
jeff wiegand - electroponics, inc.

There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top.
Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less
prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men
who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates. - George
Patton