On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 01:05:12PM -0400, Shannon Little wrote:
> The name is available and I posted on the forum poll as to why I think
> it would be a good choice.  People tend to associate web sites with
> .com most of all (especially the average web user) and it might be
> better to go for something with a .com domain.  Just my two cents.

Yet another network myth I'd love to explode explicitly... but I'm on site
and can't find the references.  :-}

Neither a4d, h4d (however you expand that), nor dfa are commercial; we don't
*belong* in .com -- and there might be legal ramifications.

Attorney: "But you registered your domain name in the .com region, a region
reserved for commercial entities.  You dod realize that this was the
implication of .com, right"

Yes, attorneys will do stupid things like that in court.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   OS X: Because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging Windows
        -- Simon Slavin, on a.f.c