On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 12:10:35PM -0500, zachary rosen wrote:
> Doing the aggregation / syndication stuff as NNTP doesn't make much sense
> to me.  We are creating a web app, it should use web protocols. RSS is
> perfect for this kind of things.  It forces us to create the network to be
> far simpler and open than if we did it with NNTP - and that is a very good
> thing.

The issue was mailing lists vs. web boards; you will note that I *said*
that weblogg-y stuff should be syndicated by RSS.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   OS X: Because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging Windows
        -- Simon Slavin, on a.f.c