> > "Granted, the feasibility of an in place, functional and reliable
> > distributed system may well prove the best argument for the
> > centralized option in the end."
>
> Hi CMR,
>
> I'm sorry -- i'm still having trouble figuring out this statement.
> Did you mean that the *infeasibility* of a distributed system is
> an argument for a centralized option?  Or did you mean that the
> feasibility of a centralized system is an argument for a centralized
> option?  Or that the feasibility of a distributed system is an argument
> for a distributed system?

apologies;  "feasibility" was implied as "feasibility, or lack there of"

Therefore the daunting prospect of actually designing and implementing a
distributed media system that realizes our goals may, in the end, be the
best argument against it; and thus for the centralized. I say "may be"
because there may in fact exist opensource code that we could leverage
effectively for this task; I'm just ignorant of what's available and of the
respective pros/cons..

Cheers
CMR

<--enter gratuitous quotation that implies my profundity here-->