On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 09:40:26AM -0500, zachary rosen wrote:
> But in some respects this is a good thing.  It forces us to make this a
> true grassroots engineering effort and to really distrbute the network.
> And plus, if ISPs step forward (almost garunteed) to host / install the
> nodes then we are halfway there to a node hoster.

And if the nodes are spread out, it vastly reduces the possibility the entire
net will go down if the GOP learns about DDoS.

Anyone consider little linux boxen sharing network space at businesses with
cablemodems?  Tampa Bay Road Runner, at least, no long cares; you can legally
host a server on a business link of any bandwidth.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   OS X: Because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging Windows
        -- Simon Slavin, on a.f.c