On Wed, Jan 04, 2017 at 08:33:12PM +0100, Markus Teich wrote:
> while fixing the focusonclick patch I noticed that the latest version on the
> wiki[0] breaks some mouse-bindings. After applying the patch to the current
> git
> master, I could not move or resize floating windows with the mouse anymore. I
> tried removing the line `XAllowEvents(dpy, ReplayPointer, CurrentTime);` and
> it
> seems to work. I tried to understand why this call was needed in the first
> place, but could not figure it out. It would be nice if anyone with more X
> knowledge could approve that the removal of this call (as done in my attached
> version) is actually the correct solution.

I do not know much about X11 either, but try looking at the source of
one of these patches which keeps / includes an XAllowEvents call:

- http://lists.suckless.org/dev/1212/13833.html
-
https://github.com/ericpruitt/edge/blob/master/patches/dwm-00-click-to-focus.diff

The second link is just my personal variant of the first patch. Neither
of them have bugs that prevent mouse shortcuts from being used.

Eric