On 10/26/2020 8:34 AM, Laslo Hunhold wrote:

Definitely don't make exceptions here, because erasing the entire
struct is a consistency measure and being inconsistent there
complicates the semantics.

I'll be careful then.

I also don't see a reason for the constraints you mention. Just add an
array of group-auth-pairs to the server struct and also add a
group-auth-pair to the req-struct that you then fill when you parse the
request fields in http_parse_header(). Then later, in
http_prepare_header_buf(), you check if they match and either send
an error-header (access denied) or allow access.

In case the auth-field is empty but the file requires a password, you,
in turn, send the desired header to ask for auth.

You are absolutely right, and I just didn't see it when I was working on it. Sorry for wasting your time.

Best regards,
José Miguel