Ted Dunning wrote:
I have to say, btw, that the source tree structure of this project is pretty
ornate and not very parallel.  I needed to add 10 source roots in IntelliJ to
get a clean compile.  In this process, I noticed some circular dependencies.

Would the committers be open to some small set of changes to remove cyclic dependencies?

It doesn't hurt to propose them. Even if the get shot down, we'll gain a log of the rationale. There are great benefits to clean layers, but we also can't gratuitously break source-code compatibility.

Doug