Oded Arbel wrote:

Contrary to common belief, users (not power-users) are required to "administer" their computers. Installing new hardware (graphical card, hard-drive or even a new mouse), removing old software and installing new, creating more users, changing ISP - these things users expect to do for themselves (except maybe the new graphical card thing). While Debian supplies tools for all of these, and while mostly techincally superior, in terms of user-friendliness these are usually inferior to tools provided by other distributions.

Can you please qualify your last statement?

Q.E.D

Well, assuming all the above are true, in any case.
Except for the "replacing graphical card", which I am yet to see a newbie do by themselves, I don't see where your claims regarding Debian come from (unless you have never worked with the distro. If that's the case, I think, full disclosure dictates that you mention you prove points out of pure guesswork).

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Open Source integration consultant