* Orna Agmon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [031123 20:49]:
> I am forwarding a question on behalf of yacoub, since I did not know what
> to do about it:

> I'm trying to install kernel 2.4.22 , but I have the following
> failure:
>
>   mouting the filesystem fails at boot ,
>     i  have NTFS /ext3  partitions , so i configured modules support for
> NTFS,ext3,dos...and automounter
>    several boots lead to irrecuvarable errors , and i have to reinstall
> Mandrake from CD
>
>   when i do "make module" i get warnings :
>    inode.c:1720: warning: concatenation of string literals with
> __FUNCTION__ is deprecated

The warnings are harmless and can't lead to any problem of corruption.

The NTFS drivers are considered beta (if not alpha) and are expected to
work for read-only operation. Write operation is considered dangerous to
your health.

What is strange is that the Linux partition is corrupted and not the
NTFS one(s). What sort of errors did you get before you had to
reinstall?

Baruch