Hi,
  I know that recent gaim versions connect to MSN messenger and works
perfectly with Hebrew. No file sending or video/audio links though :-(
  amsn knows how to send/recieve files, and display hebrew flipped (UTF-8
without BiDi).

  I would recommand migration to ICQ - both M$ clean and much better
Hebrew and file transfers support in licq.

   Cheers,
   Shachar