Mark Silberstein wrote:
Thanks for prompt reply.
I should have stressed that I'm talking about UNUSUAL draining - as
opposed to APM sleep I used in 2.4. My battery is over in 10 hours,
while previously it was at least 4-5 days.

You might want to look in Google regarding the sleep mode you can put the machine into and how.

CPUs have several sleep modes, some are better at saving energy than others, though I know no details on this more than that.

Maybe some other learned Kernel hacker will know more, I've been dealing too much with networking and too little with other areas.

Baruch