Vadim Eisenberg wrote:

> Eclipse doesn't belong to the "right" tools, in my opinion.

Why Eclipse doesn't belong to the "right" tools ? My naïve understanding is that Eclipse is Emacs of the 21-st century – it is open source, customizable etc., similar to Emacs; in addition to being graphical.

Thank you! I was wondering why I hated Eclipse so much, and you have put your finger on it. It's exactly like a 21-st century Emacs.

Shachar

p.s.
I'm not so sure it is a bad idea to teach Eclipse. I think it's worth mentioning that eclipse exists, but to just point them in the right direction, and then teach the basics.

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting Ltd.