On Monday, March 14th, at 18:30, Haifux will gather to hear Guy Keren talk about

             The story of alice and bob - the I/O requests

Abstract

In this story, we'll follow the life story of alice - a
file-systemized I/O request, and bob - a raw-device I/O request, from
their birth, until they reach heaven (the disk or the USB camera
or...). In addition, we will cover some system parameters that affect
I/O requests, the buffer cache, disk I/O schedulers and tools used to
track and count I/O (including - why is process-based I/O accounting
so tricky).

================================

We meet in Taub (CS Faculty) building, room 6. For instructions see:
http://www.haifux.org/where.html

Attendance is free, and you are all invited!

 ================================

Future Haifux talks include:

28/3/2011  The story of Alice and Bob - the I/O requests by guy keren (part
ii)
11/4/2011  How to Spread Knowledge Throughout the World While Wearing
Only Your Slippers by Tomer Ashur.

We are always interested in hearing your talks and ideas. If you wish to
give a talk, hold a discussion, or just plan some event haifux might be
interested in, please contact us at webmas...@haifux.org

--
Orr Dunkelman,
orr.dunkel...@gmail.com

GPG fingerprint: C2D5 C6D6 9A24 9A95 C5B3  2023 6CAB 4A7C B73F D0AA
(This key will never sign Emails, only other PGP keys. The key
corresponds to o...@vipe.technion.ac.il)