Thx Chris,

Do I put gsub_ext.rb next to config.rb?

I just made a simple example for my question. At the moment I make
jQuery UI SASS ready. With a custom made themeroller but I still have
to get the generated icons from themeroller.

background: url("http://jqueryui.com/themeroller/images/?
new=222222&w=256&h=240&f=png&fltr[]=rcd|256&fltr[]=mask|icons/
icons.png");

Notice 222222, this is the place where I put the user defined color to
generate the icons.

Later, I'll grep the sprite with php and save it local on server.