I don't like that having an extension behaves differently than not. That is
sure to trip some people up. In my ideal syntax we'd have the following:

@import => A browser-based import with no special meaning
@include => Does what @import does now for sass/scss files
@mix => Does what @include does now for mixins.

But that's an awful lot of rearranging for only a minor syntactic
improvement. So instead, I could get behind extending import with a modifier
or something to mean it should be done locally instead of remotely.

@import "foo.css" !local;

or something to that effect.

The Sass parser already has a CSS mode, so this would be pretty simple to
implement and with @extend and nested imports in sass 3.1, it's actually a
quite nice behavior to have.

Chris