Indeed I have some non-ASCII characters in the stylesheet, mostly
french comments like:

/* Icone d'upload à la fin des miniatures */
.uploadAttachment
{
}

But I do NOT get the @charset when using the sass command line in
win2008R2, so it's inconsistent.
(I'm not using compass - for now - just the sass command line)