In W3C CSS Working Group, there is a discussion[1] on providing
"longhand" (as opposed to "shorthand") for the "transform" property,
such as "transform-rotate" etc.. The use case is to shorten:

#demo {
  transform: scale(2);
}
#demo.state-1 {
  transform: scale(2) rotate(45deg);
}
#demo.state-2 {
  transform: scale(2) rotate(90deg);
}

into

#demo {
  transform: scale(2);
}
#demo.state-1 {
  transform-rotate: 45deg;
}
#demo.state-2 {
  transform-rotate: 90deg;
}

As there's technical problem for browser to support this, I am wondering
how SASS addresses a use csae like this (I myself is not familiar with
SASS). Would it be a good idea to have a new syntax (like the
"+transform" idea[2])? As some important features of SASS might become
CSS modules known as CSS Variables and CSS Mixin[3], I think it would be
nice to know what the SASS community thinks about this use case.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2011Mar/thread#msg564
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2011Mar/0677
[3] http://www.xanthir.com/blog/b4Av0

Cheers,