On Wed, Mar 25 at 03:38, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I saw this text when reading about network sockets
> "using non-blocking sockets will be faster than using blocking sockets"
>
> Does anyone actually know why this is the case?

Because the author is a Windows programmer who doesn't know any better.

Seriously without more context it's difficult to know what they are
talking about but I suspect that it's the old myth that sequentially
polling interfaces is "faster" than blocking waiting for each in turn.
This might be true for Windows but Unix has had the select and/or poll
system calls that allow you to monitor any number of blocking interfaces
in parallel for over three decades.

--
        Bob Dunlop