I have been asked to make some audio recordings of a conference. The
last one I did, I used a cheap Sansa MP3 player that will record the
FM radio that the audio was transmitted on.

The next one will not be transmitted via FM, so I am looking at how
best to do it. My first thought is something like a Zoom H2
http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/products/h2/
If the facility also has an induction loop, I could probably connect
one of these
http://www.inta-audio.com/pa-live-sound-c88/induction-loop-systems-c243/adastra-adastra-induction-loop-receiver-with-belt-clip-p3066

If anybody has any experience of making good quality audio recordings
with minimum audience noise at conferences without being ably to jack
into the sound system, then please let me know if you think my idea
will work, or if you have any better ideas. We do not need super hi
fidelity, just clear spoken word.

Thanks.
--
Philip Stubbs