>...Nevertheless, if Outlook can connect when given the credentials manually,
 >but not do it automatically, then it is an Outlook problem.

Running Ubuntu 10.04 with Evolution and am now experiencing this same problem
since Sunday.

<rant> and the thing which really ticks me off about the new Virgin email
system is that I cannot switch off their spam filter so I can have to trawl
through those emails on their website.  Before, I used to let Evolution learn.
Also, when downloaded emails are purged from the server, they end up in 'bin',
but not actually deleted !
Gggrrrrrrrrrrr. </rant>

Bob Beattie
Senior Technical Support Engineer