Lisi wrote re an Intel D815EEA motherboard:
> I have: installed a new USB2 card; installed a new optical drive; changed
> the
> BIOS boot order to various permutations - the BIOS always tried to boot
> from
> something else other than CD, even when only CD was set (it simply did
> not
> offer to boot at all); and changed the CMOS battery, restoring the
> motherboard in the process and changing only the boot order.  The booting
> problem remained.
[snip]
> Any suggestions as to what to do gratefully received!

Maybe giving up on it is the right thing to do.  I've an Intel D845GEBV2
(P4 & 845GE chipset) which won't detect more than 2 drives, detects a
CDRW but not on primary slave, detects a 40 pin cable as 80 pin, doesn't
see a KB if connected via a KVM, and has generally wasted a lot of time.

I've just checked the spares box and found an Asus CUSL2-M, but it has
an i815 chipset like yours and doesn't see drives (incl 3Gb), boots from
CD but not HD, etc.  Sorry.

Anthony