> I have not replied on list.
>
> Please do not post email like this again to this list, they are
> not helpful.
>
> Chris has put a lot of effort into securing the University venue
> for our use. We jump through whoops and we do not complain as we
> are not paying for the university. If you don't like the whoops
> you don't have to go to the meeting.

Adam,

I've noticed that veto of discourse is a tradition peculiar to this
isle.

I, conversely, consider my post to be fair-comment.

Perhaps this is a sycophantic community, I don't know yet, however I
think it's in the community interest that people feel free to speak
their minds.

Unless what you're looking for is a stagnant community of "yes men".

As a taxpayer, asymmetric taxpayer, in so far as I pay a lot and receive
very little in return - I believe I have every right to criticize
bureaucratic inefficiency.

Is there really someone from that University who is going to say? "Oh,
what cheek, he mocked our clumsy DHCP setup - henceforth and forthwith I
will terminate all access permissions for Linux users and make Windows 7
compulsory!!"

Grow up, and message me on list. I'm sure this has got more to do with
my mockery of your previous, pompous, posting than a concern for the
greater good.

If you (or someone you can influence) runs the list, and you (or they)
don't like my opinions, feel free to unsubscribe me.

Bryan

('This space intentionally left without any self-indulgent quotes)