Although Ubuntu is my primary OS, I still need to use XP for some of my
media software for which there is no Linux equivalent or will not run in
Crossover WINE.  The software is required for some of my media hardware e.g.
I have three Slingboxes and a Pinnacle Media streamer on my network. One
Slingbox controls my VirginMedia TIVO box while the other two are for access
by friends and family outside the UK, giving them Freeview TV.  My Broadband
has a 5MB upload speed so streaming quality is very good.

My dual boot desktop has dedicated HDs for XP and Ubuntu, with other drives
storing backup and media data files.

Following an upgrade of my desktop motherboard etc, I wish to create a dual
boot system using 2 identical 1TB drives in Raid 1 (mirrored) configuration.
I believe that I cannot have XP and Ubuntu on the same master drive, but
will need to have XP on a 3rd drive.  I can have 6 SATA devices on my
motherboard, so 5 HDs.

Another problem is that I want the media files used by the XP applications
to be on the Raid drives, as a backup, on a NTFS partition.

The use of RAID could be a discussion item at the LUG meeting on Saturday.
See you there - I'll be the one with the Macbook Pro!

Mike