On Thursday 09 February 2012 22:26:33 Peter Collins wrote:
> Just as a vote for HP, I have a HP 2840 (big and colour) it worked with
> no messing around, if I remember right Ubuntu 10.10 and debian 6 just
> scanned the network found it and made it available, I have also an old
> HP 2100 with a Jet Direct that worked well, much the same if I remember
> right - certainly didn't have to mess about.

I have a Samsung ML1510.  It works otb, as have other Samsung MLs that I have
installed for other people.  It is b&w and has quite a small footprint.  Mine
is not a networked one, but if it is connected to one of the computers on my
small network, CUPS picks it up and can print to it.  It does, of course,
have to be plugged in to a computer which is switched on.

I think that the latest Samsung ML printer has a networked version.

Lisi