Last year whilst rebuilding my PC* I bought a PSU with a huge fan (Maplins); I am very pleased with the resulting peace. The fan is controlled and in very hot weather can run a little faster; there are no case fans and no rhs side-cover.
The PC is in front of my shins so the quiet is very welcome.
*2-core AMD 64-bit, fanless graphics card - all recent but not cutting edge because bought for domestic use with Linux.

Tony Wood
(from PC)