On Thursday 12 July 2012 18:29:27 Keith Edmunds wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Jul 2012 18:24:13 +0100, ichaud...@gmail.com said:
> > What do you do to
> > manage multiple terminal windows open on a Gnome desktop?
>
> This doesn't answer all of your questions, but I use 'konsole', which I
> find more capable that Gnome terminal, and I simply use multiple tabs
> within it.

I use Konsole as well. I generally group them by desktop, so terminals
for production servers in one desktop, staging servers in another
desktop etc. In Konsole you can rename the tabs, which makes finding
the right konsole/tab easier. I don't know if gnome terminal allows
you to rename.

You can have different colours for different profiles, so you could set
up different profiles as well.

--
Be seeing you,        Games: http://www.glendale.org.uk/
Sam.                  Posts: http://www.google.com/profiles/samuel.penn