> This
> will, I suspect largely overcome the problems with spam that often
> prevents wikis from functioning as intended.

Preventing spam on a wiki is actually very easy - you just restrict
editing privileges to known group members. For reasons I don't really
understand, this is often an unwelcome proposition, so you have to do some
sort of lashup to prevent drive-by bots. And that never works 100%.

Does anyone have responsibility for commissioning articles? IME,
spontaneous offers for content are very rare, and frequently tinged with
ulterior motives. But people are often open to being asked to write about
something specific, and the resulting atticle is generally of a higher
quality to boot...

Vic.