Hi Chris,

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 04:04:25PM +0000, Chris Dennis wrote:
> One of my website clients has just received the email which is pasted
> below.  I'm pretty sure that it's a scam -- they're just trying to
> scare people into using their 'intercrm' product.

Regardless of whether they were right or not, I would never buy
services as a result of UCE (spam).

> Does anyone know of a compliance-checker for websites?  Or just a
> simple list of rules?  (The websightassist.org site mentioned in the
> email below advertises a checker, but given their aggressive
> marketing, I'm reluctant to try it in case they then start targeting
> me with similar emails.)

Agreed. If you are concerned that your web site is not accessible
enough, since the act says:

    These have been produced in partnership with the British
    Chambers of Commerce, Citizens Advice, acas, and the Equality
    and Diversity Forum, to support implementation of the act.

I would have thought you could ask any of these for advice on what
needs to be done, rather than asking a company with a product to
peddle.

Cheers,
Andy