> The documentation for various systems and services are generally
> fantastic, show me a bad example.

pygtk.

I have others...

> Often the documentation, testing and
> implementation efforts are the most deserving and go unnoticed. I
> don't use python much, but my goodness that's some great
> documentation.

Not entirely.

IME, the straightforward stuff is well documented. But they've omitted to
mention things like *which* exceptions are thrown, and under which
circumstances. Many a time and oft, I've had to go diving through source
code to try to find the (unhandled) exception that causes a particularly
esoteric error message at the bottom of my traceback...

Vic.