I can't recall details from memory, but there is something like
/server-status which can be enabled. It can tell you a but about how busy
apache is. Worth looking at as it should tell you about thread and memory
usage.

Anton
--
Anton Piatek
http://www.strangeparty.com

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a
significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.