On 12/09/13 11:04, Artur ?a;dka wrote:
On 11/09/13 19:52, Keith Edmunds wrote:
On Wed, 11 Sep 2013 16:58:24 +0100, arturla...@gmail.com said:

try Ubuntu (or K/X/Lubuntu) - it is Debian based, have very good support and work just out of the box while Debian needs much more configuration.
In what way does Debian need "much more configuration"? (Genuine question)
In my opinion and personal experience with novice or less experienced Linux users Ubuntu (or Mint) is easier and better for people who just want working system straight after installation. Of course it all depends on personal preferences and usage, but Ubuntu was made to be more desktop user friendly and it does the job very good, keeping almost all Debian functionality.

I would consider Crunchbang as Debian with a bit of hand-holding

Owain

--
Google Has No Respect for Your Privacy <http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/aug/14/google-gmail-users-privacy-email-lawsuit>